Colby came down with a bad bug on Monday night so I was able to stay home from work with him and Sawyer yesterday. There is nothing worse than when your child is sick and you can not do anything about it. You have to wait until the virus runs its course.
When Jay got home last night I said, “I really hope Sawyer does not get it” and he said “Or you.” Oh yeah, I forgot about me. It was a good reminder that I need to take care of myself in order to be a good Mom to my boys.
Things I need to work on:
- Stop putting myself last on my list
- Try to eat right and get enough sleep
- Exercise – More family walks and yoga with Colby
- No time or money for a trip to the spa – have to settle for pampering myself at home. I do things like give myself a pedicure, or sometimes even taking an extra long shower without Sawyer in the room is a treat.
- Time alone – Most of the time I have to myself is during my lunch hour at work, but this past Saturday I started reading a book that I can not put down. Last night I ended up reading it until 1 AM. Everyone else, even Wilbur, had gone to sleep hours ago. The house was so quiet – it was really nice (This totally contradicts what I just said about getting enough sleep.)
- Do not let myself over-schedule our family. I am trying to leave one day a weekend for family time to catch up, to relax, and to get ready for the week ahead. When we do not have that day, I can really see the difference. Every single one of us is dragging by the end of the next week.