The other day someone told me they thought I was strong and brave. After I stopped laughing, I started wondering what that even means.
To me being strong means being able to get through and cope after stressful situations. It means having the ability to carry on no matter what.
Tips for Being Strong
- Do whatever you need to do in order to feel in control. When there are things that are out of your control, there are always some things that are.
- Keep a positive attitude no matter what. Sometimes it is really hard to do, but it always helps.
- Have confidence in yourself. Even if you do not really have it, “fake it to make it.”
- Chose your battles. Decide which issues are most important to you and which fights are worth your energy.
- Spend as much time with your family and friends as possible. Their relationships make you a stronger person.
- Lastly, be grateful for what you have. Remember that no matter how bad you think you have it, someone else always has it worse.